- Sweet 3/4 scale Baby Taylor dreadnought electro acoustic model
- Makes for an ideal travel guitar for musicians on the move
- Constructed entirely from Koa tonewood for a breathtaking sound and appearance
- 22 3/4 inch scale length smooth tropical American mahogany neck
- Ebony fingerboard decorated with white dot inlays
- Fitted with the Expression System Baby (ES-B) pickup
- Robust ebony bridge plus tusq nut and saddle
- Slick laser-etched soundhole rosette
- Includes a lightweight gigbag for easy transportation
- Image for illustrative purposes only - model is left-handed.
This is a left handed Baby Taylor like no other, combining an all-Koa tonewood with a 3/4 size dreadnought body. Taylor's Baby Taylor models are considered to be some of the world's best travel guitars thanks to their comfortable, compact sizing, and the BTe-Koa is yet another satisfactory addition to the list. Travelling musicians will be huge fans of the BTe-Koa thanks to its unique voice and versatile playing feel.
The BTe-Koa has a compact dreadnought body shape reduced into a 3/4 size acoustic guitar rather than a full size model. Despite the guitar's smaller frame, the BTe-Koa produces an excellent range of tones with fantastic clarity. The body of the Baby Taylor has been made entirely from Koa tonewood which looks and sounds just exquisite. Koa is a Hawaiian wood and is quite rare in the world of guitar construction. The all-Koa body contributes an incredibly warm voice, yet also has a wonderfully striking appearance. For reinforced strength and dependability, the soundboard features unique X-bracing just beneath the surface.
A tropical American mahogany neck is firmly fitted to the all-Koa body and has a slightly shorter 22 3/4 inch scale length, facilitating a faster playing technique. The neck is topped with a 19-fret ebony fingerboard with decorative pearloid dot inlays as a guide, so each fret transition can be made with confidence.
Expression System Baby Electronics
Taylor have kitted out the BTe-Koa with the excellent Expression System Baby (ES-B) onboard preamp / pickup. The onboard electronics feature elements of the Taylor Expression System 2 piezo pickup with the addition of a very convenient digital chromatic tuner. You can make subtle tweaks to your sound using the simple Volume and Tone controls. When the preamp is not in use for over three minutes, the ES-B can switch itself off to save battery power and improve efficiency.
The headstock is fitted with enclosed die-cast chrome plated tuning machines, upholding tuning integrity with total accuracy. Sustain and intonation is improved thanks to a Tusq nut and saddle combined with the ebony bridge. Each BTe-Koa comes with a gig bag, an absolute must-have accessory for any travelling musician.