- Superior dreadnought from Taylor's Academy Series with enhancing features
- Helps you to improve your technique as a developing musician
- Solid Sitka Spruce top provides great projection across all frequencies
- Non-cutaway body with durable layered sapele back and sides
- Patented Taylor sapele neck with slightly shorter 24-7/8-inch scale length
- Smooth ebony fingerboard decroated with dot Italian acrylic inlays
- Decorative Baltic Birch single ring soundhole rosette
- Exceptional quality and affordability combined
Taylor have put their everything into the new Academy Series, using years of expert craftsmanship and knowledge. The Academy 10 from the Academy Series is a sublime acoustic designed to be accessible and affordable, improving sound and playability simultaneously. The Academy 10 is built using superior materials to bring you an amazing acoustic experience.
The Academy 10 has a classic non-cutaway dreadnought body, ideal for both strumming or flatpicking techniques. Solid Sitka spruce is the wood that forms the body top, a popular choice for an acoustic soundboard thanks to its genuine ability to project with clarity. The back and sides are made up of layered sapele, adding to the beautiful appearance of the Academy 10 while ensuring the guitar feels durable. The dreadnought body shape combined with these tonewoods produces a range of warm low end tones and sparkling trebles with a great response.
An innovative addition to the Academy Series is that the guitars feature an ergonomic armrest which is built into the body to reduce fatigue and improve overall playability.
The Academy 10 is has a patented Taylor sapele neck with a slightly shorter 24-7/8-inch scale length for improved playing comfort. The neck is topped with a 20-fret ebony fingerboard, offering a sumptuous playing surface beneath the fingertips. The frets are decorated with dot Italian acrylic inlays, while the light gauge strings allow you to perform bends with ease.
The headstock of the Academy 10 is fitted with chrome tuners while the Nubone nut and Micarta saddle work well with these to uphold tuning and intonation. The Taylor Academy 10 is a beautiful acoustic guitar from the Academy series, suitable for flourishing and mature musicians alike. Taylor include a gig bag with the Academy 10 so that each new owner can protect their new pride and joy.